Following 14 years as a partner at Simpson Grierson, I commenced practice as a Barrister based in Waterfront Chambers, Wellington, in April 2011. I am enjoying a new form of relationship with existing clients and developing relationships with new clients and instructing solicitors.
I am available for the full range of work I have carried out in the past, as well as pursuing new practice areas. I am further developing my Commissioner/chair, role free from the conflicts of interest and financial demands which come with being part of a large firm.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss matters on which I may be able to assist and to clarify rates and arrangements for instructions.
- Advising Board of Inquiry in relation to NZTA Plan Change request (Transmission Gully) and main TGP project
- Chairing Castle Hill Wind Farm hearing December 2011
- Counsel for Hawkes Bay Regional Council on various matters
- Advice and an article on the National Policy Statement on Freshwater
- Resolving Petone Working Mens Club appeals for the Club
- Advising on existing use rights for commercial client
- Commissioner for two recent Plan Change hearings for Selwyn District Council
- Commissioner for ECan cost objection and for Christchurch City Council on a non notified application
- Representing individuals in appeals against the grant of renewals for 3 marine farms in Port Gore, Marlborough Sounds
- Chairing the Central Plains Irrigation hearing
- Chairing the Ashburton Community Water Trust hydro scheme hearing
- Assisting Taranaki Regional Council with mediated settlement of Trust Power Patea Dam appeals
- Representing Hawkes Bay Regional Council at the Mahia Waste Water direct referral hearing
- Successfully obtaining consents for the Masterton wastewater project and resolving appeals
- Successfully obtaining consents and modifying designation for Christchurch Southern Motorway
- Various advice to Hawkes Bay and Taranaki Regional Councils